Home Featured Privacy Policy Sponsor About LE MINIMALIST

LATE NIGHT SNACK: LAVENDER LEMON SUGAR COOKIES

Tuesday, March 5, 2013


I'm a huge lavender advocate - its uses are endless! I'm always using lavender essential oils on cuts, bruises and a pesky pimple or two. Not only does it have its medicinal uses, it really makes for a unique and tasty treat. 

A sweet friend of mine gave me a baggie of fresh lavender -- straight from the farm! I've been dying to give this recipe a go ever since I started seeing different variations crop up on Pinterest

I included a similar recipe on my post THINGS I LOVE ABOUT VALENTINES DAY: FOUR OF MY FAVORITE SWEET AND SIMPLE DIY PROJECTS. This recipe is a little bit different, but I'm absolutely addicted now, and I'm sure you will be too.

This is really a great tea-time cookie, btw. I've been eating them with earl grey and it's delicious! 


Give these delicious LAVENDER LEMON SUGAR COOKIES a try!




INGREDIENTS: 
Makes about four dozen.

3/4 cup sugar
1 and 3/4 cups flour
1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 and 1/2 sticks of slightly melted butter (I used salted!)
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
*If you don't have lemons, try oranges!*
2 tablespoons of lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
3 teaspoons dried lavender

START HERE:

Heat oven to 350 degrees

* If you want to use a cookie cutter to create cute shapes - make dough in advance and leave it in the fridge for a few hours until you're ready to roll it out to make shapes. *

Mix sugar, lemon zest and juice and lavender together in a blender on high for about 30 seconds to a minute. 

After you've blended these ingredients leave them to sit while you stir together the flour, baking powder, vanilla, butter and egg. 

Combine lemon/lavender sugar mixture and continue to stir (if you have an electric mixer it's recommended!)

Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil and give it a light spray of oil to keep cookies from getting stuck. 

Space cookies about an inch apart on the sheet, Bake for 10-12 minutes until light golden brown. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I have to say.. I'm not a wild cookie fan, but these sound straight up awesome.
    Also, I'm a fellow Nashvillian, that's what's up! :)

    (Okay, I lied, I'm from Clarksville. But my heart belongs in Nashville.)

    ReplyDelete